DuPage County DUI Defense Lawyers
Challenging Field Sobriety Testing and Chemical Testing
If you are driving home after having a few drinks after work, the appearance of flashing red lights behind your vehicle can be a justifiable cause for alarm. Illinois law enforcement agencies and prosecutors aggressively pursue convictions in driving under the influence cases. Whether you are arrested for a first time driving under the influence charge (DUI) or you are a repeat offender involved in an accident that causes serious injury, our experienced DuPage County DUI defense attorneys at Ramsell & Associates, LLC can guide you through the court process.
Our criminal defense lawyers carefully scrutinize every aspect of your interaction with the arresting officer to identify effective defense strategies. While we customize our defense strategy to the facts of your particular DUI charge, some of the defense we might utilize include:
- Insufficiency of the evidence supporting the initial stop;
- Officer’s lack of training or improper administration of field sobriety tests (FSTs);
- Failure to properly comply with the waiting period prior to a breath test;
- Improper mixing or storage of blood sample for testing;
- Contamination of a blood sample;
- Inherent unreliability of FSTs;
- Suppression of evidence obtain in an unlawful search (e.g. open beer cans in the passenger compartment);
- Exclusion of statements that are not voluntary or the result of Miranda violations; and
- We Wrote the Book on DUI Defense in Illinois.
Illinois Drunk Driving Criminal Defense Attorneys
Our founding partner Donald Ramsell is the author of "Illinois DUI Law and Practice Guidebook." which is a leading practice guide consulted by Illinois DUI attorneys. Our defense lawyers have over 30 years of experience, and we have represented over 16,000 people. Our law firm has been featured on CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, COURT-TV and other national broadcast and print media outlets. All of our lawyers at Ramsell & Associates, LLC are certified in Standardized Field Sobriety Testing under the National Highway Traffic Administration (NHTSA) standards.
Our DUI defense attorneys handle the full range of drug and alcohol related driving offenses:
- Driving under the Influence (actual impaired driving or blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .08 percent or above;
- Underage DUI (Zero Tolerance Policy);
- Commercial Drivers with .04 BAC or Above;
- Chemical Testing Refusals;
- Repeat DUI Offenders;
- Drugged Driving;
- DUI Causing Death or Great Bodily Injury; and
- Aggravated DUI.
DuPage County Alcohol and Drug Impaired Driving Attorneys
Our DuPage County DUI defense lawyers have successfully defended many people charged with intoxicated driving offenses. We invite you to call us today at 630-256-8001 or to send us an email to schedule your free consultation in our conveniently located office in Naperville. Ramsell & Associates, LLC also has offices in Wheaton and St. Charles or Rolling Meadows by appointment.