Ramsell & Associates, LLC has been tenaciously defending people charged with the full spectrum of criminal offenses in Illinois for more than two decades. Our law firm has represented more than 16,000 clients obtaining dismissals, acquittals and favorable reductions in charges or punishment for thousands of clients. A criminal conviction can significantly disrupt your life. If you are convicted, you might face penalties that include:
- Incarceration in county jail or state prison;
- Fines, penalty assessments and other costs;
- Registration as a sex offender;
- Driver’s license suspension or revocation;
- Permanent criminal record;
- Mandatory installation of an ignition interlock device (IID);
- Required completion of classes and/or counseling; or
If you have a criminal record, there also can be adverse consequences for your educational aspirations, career path, family relationships, immigration benefits and other facets of your life. If you are charged with a misdemeanor, you could face up to a year in jail depending on the nature of the offense. A felony conviction could mean a lengthy term in an Illinois penitentiary.
Nationally Acclaimed Illinois Criminal and DUI Defense
When you are the target of a criminal investigation or you have been arrested for a misdemeanor or felony, you should avoid talking to the police and speak with an experienced Illinois criminal defense lawyer. Our DuPage County criminal defense attorneys at Ramsell & Associates, LLC have over 30 years of experience handling the full range of crimes from serious traffic violations to violent felonies. Our innovative defense strategies are the product of handling thousands of cases.
Our success in novel and high profile cases involving doctors, politicians, athletes and rock stars has garnered media coverage by NBC, ABC, CBS, COURT-TV and FOX as well as national newspapers like the The New York Times, Chicago Tribune, Washington Post, and Chicago Sun-Times. A wide array of accolades and visibility has been obtained by our founding partner Donald Ramsell, such as:
- Illinois Super Lawyers;
- Illinois Leading Lawyer in Criminal-DUI Defense;
- Invited Membership of the National College for DUI;
- Past president of the DuPage County Bar Association;
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer Award (National Trial Lawyers);
- Argued Case before the United States Supreme Court; and
- Author of leading publications on DUI defense in Illinois.
Illinois Criminal Defense Law Firm
Our criminal defense lawyers in DuPage County handle the full range of crimes, including but not limited to the following: sex crimes, driving under the influence, drug offenses, violent crimes, felonies, misdemeanors, theft offenses, white collar crimes, serious traffic offenses and more. We invite you to call us at 630-256-8001 or contact us online to schedule your free consultation in our conveniently located office in Naperville. Ramsell & Associates, LLC also has law offices in Wheaton and St. Charles or Rolling Meadows by appointment.